Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Please Pray

My brother-in-law, Jeff Skinner, has been diagnosed with a Stage 4 malignant glioma brain tumor. They removed the tumor on Monday. He did well through the surgery and actually seemed to be doing good on Monday evening. Around lunch time on Tuesday, his condition seemed to be changing. By Tuesday evening we all knew that something was not right. Most everyone had gone home on Tuesday night just not having a good feeling. We had actually just gotten home and laid down in the bed and were having prayer for Jeff when the phone rang and Chuck's mom asked us to come back to the hospital. I knew deep inside that we should have never left.

We jumped up and headed back to the hospital. We had prayer, read scripture, and listened to praise and worship music all the way there. By the time we had arrived things went from "if this doesn't work, we don't know what else to do", to he is doing much better. The treatment is working. On Wednesday morning the doctor told Missy he could not medically explain the what took place with Jeff. Well all of you believers out there know WHO was at work! Praise be to the Lord God Almighty! Thank you for all of your prayers! Please continue to pray! Jeff is still in need of a miracle from God. We are believing!

3 comments:

Tim, Rachel & kids said...

I have been praying ever since Monday night when Mom called and told me what was going on. I am so sorry you are all going thru this. I know it is hard. BUT we serve an AWESOME God. He is in control. I pray for peace and strength over the family and for God's healing power to be with Jeff. I love y'all!

Unknown said...

Thank goodness we know who the Great Physician is! I am praying for your family for peace and strength and for God to heal Jeff!

The Reno Family said...

Braxton and I are continuing to pray for Jeff and for the entire family! There is no doubt that God is still in the healing business. We are believing for complete healing!