Monday, November 24, 2008

Cathedral of Praise...A New Adventure




Wow! What an adventure. We had a "meet and greet" our first Wednesday night at our new church as first time Senior Pastors. Now that's a lot of first. However, I left one first out. It was our first time to attend a new church without our children. I think that transition was harder than making the transition from Student Pastor to Senior Pastor.

We enjoyed meeting our new church family. You know I enjoyed the sweets as we met everyone. Sunday, November 16, was our first official service at Cathedral. Everything went well. Chase was able to be in service with us. My boss and his son also came and supported us in our first service. Our next Wednesday night Chuck taught the adult class. How different is that. On Saturday, we helped the women with their fund raiser. Chuck and I learned a lot about baking. We made pumpkin rolls ALL day long. It was great! I don't really care for pumpkin but...the pumpkin roll was delicious! Sunday was a GREAT service! After service we enjoyed fellowship as we had our Thanksgiving meal. We are blessed with many WONDERFUL cooks. I appreciated the way EVERYONE pitched in from set-up to clean-up to make sure our Thanksgiving meal went well.

Our Student Pastors, Joe and Erica Bain, have been great to help us get settled in. We are enjoying getting to know them and their son Malachi. They were kind and invited us over to enjoy some TV time. Joe and Erica are also Survivor fans so we went over and watched Survivor with them. We still do not have cable or Internet at our apartment! As of Wednesday that will change! Thank the Lord!

On Saturday, Tres and Chase came to visit us. Yeah!!! They got put right to work by a couple of the women that were there decorating for the Thanksgiving meal. It was funny they were sent to Hobby Lobby and didn't really know where they were going. I of course have been so turned around that I was not of any help. Thankfully Chuck was able to give them directions. Later we went to a little shopping place called Martins. I love this place! I live about 200 yards from their door. This could also not be a good thing. Anyway, we had to go and spoil our boys a little. We have MISSED them! Later we ordered take-out from Struts (a wing and tender place) and went back over to Joe and Erica's to watch some football.

Like I have already said, Sunday was a great service. Both of the boys where with us in service. I can't believe that my second Sunday there Chuck had me come to service as a silly character. The children were in service with us and he wanted to do something special for them since this was really our first time to be in church with the children. We had already gone out to a youth service and met the teenagers.

The church secretary, Ashley and the custodian, Regina have been a huge help also. Dusty and Jen, the Music Worship Leaders, have done an outstanding job. We are getting to know the Children's Pastors, Andy and Belinda. There are so many people that have been helpful I can't list them all. I just need to simply say THANKS to everyone.

The boys stayed over on Sunday night also. When we finally got back to the apartment on Sunday afternoon, we got hooked on a new to us TV show...Prison Break. Joe and Erica let us borrow the first season on DVD. Who would have ever thought you would be sitting around hoping some prisoners break free.

Well, I could keep rattling on and on and on but I guess I better end here. This new adventure is Ministry has been great! God has a plan for each of us in His time.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like everything is going great for yall at your new Church! I am so glad to hear that! I miss you a lot though!!!!

Angela said...

I'm glad everything is going well at the new church. Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving