Saturday, November 8, 2008

ChristWay...A Thing Of The Past

As many of you know, Wednesday, November 5, 2008, was our last night at ChristWay. Not only was it our last night at ChristWay but also our last night as Student Pastors. Chuck has accepted a position at Gadsden Cathedral of Praise as the Senior Pastor.

As I think back about our years in ministry, I must be honest and say, there were moments when I thought this day would never come. I truly believe we have been through the process to prepare for this new journey in ministry. We have been blessed. There were many lessons along the way. I pray that we learned what God intended for us to learn. We have had ups and downs and hit a few bumps along the way but through it all...the Lord has been with us every step of the way. To those of you that God has put in our paths along the way I pray that we have made an impact on your life that will glorify the Lord.

I remember the day that Chuck told me he felt like he was at a crossroad in ministry. He felt as if the Lord was leading him in a different area of ministry. I told him that as always...I would support him in whatever decision he made. We are a TEAM!

We have been praying for God's wisdom, direction, favor, His will, etc. for quiet some time. That God would open the door and place us where he wanted us to be. It is not an easy task to leave the position of a Student Pastor and move into the position of a Senior Pastor. Along the way we found ourselves in need of a miracle. To keep things short I will simply say...we kept the faith, believed for a miracle, and trusted the Lord! He moved mountains and changed hearts. God continues to pour His blessings out on us! I thank the Lord for the opportunity He has given us. Let me just say again we are BLESSED!

Please keep us in your prayers as we begin a new journey. Sunday, November 16, 2008 will be our first Sunday as Senior Pastors Chuck and Misty Kennedy. This will be our first Sunday also to start a new position as just Chuck and Misty. This particular Sunday, Tres and Chase will be in Gainesville, FL at a Florida Gators football game. At this time they are both in college and will be living in different places. We have never made a move without them since they have been born. It is a strange feeling. I know that the Lord has His hands on both of them! He will help all of us with this adjustment.

I would like to end with this...If you need a miracle keep the faith! To every mountain there are two sides!

3 comments:

Tim, Rachel & kids said...

WOW- that is awesome. You and Chuck will definitely be in my prayers. I love you both.

Unknown said...

Let me first say....I already miss you both so very much!! I pray that God continues to bless your ministry!! I cannot wait to come and visit!!

Love you both!

Angela said...

Good Luck...and we will keep you guys in our prayers. You both will be missed.