Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Girls Road Trip








I went on my first "Girls Road Trip" with some life long friends. Yes, I have been on other "Girl Trips" BUT this was the first of this type of "Girls Trip". I have been friends with Ginger since the first grade. I met my friend Terri when my family moved into the house they still live in when I was in the fourth grade. Ginger and Terri met when we were all in the fifth grade. Do you get the picture...we have all been friends for a very long time. We are all the same age. We got married around the same time. Each of us have two children. I have two boys, Ginger has two boys, and Terri has two girls. Our children are the same age. The children have all become close friends through the years. We are all Christians. Each of us are happily married. You could say we have a lot in common.










In the past our lives have taken us down some stressful paths. We began to say, "We need to take a trip." Finally, on March 18, 2009, we took our "Girls Road Trip". The three of us went to Gatlinburg, TN. We had a fabulous time! It was all about US! We did what 3 girls do best...we talked, and talked, and talked, and talked some more! We saw late night hours and early morning hours. There was not one topic untouched. It was great therapy for all! I'm sure our families would agree.

We laughed a lot, ate a lot, and just simply enjoyed life! It was Terri's birthday on the Friday of our trip. (Thanks Dad for baking Terri a cake.) We celebrated by being lazy that morning. Later that day we went on a nature drive. That evening we took Terri to the Alamo for a great birthday dinner. Ginger grilled out while Terri and I tried to help out in the kitchen. Terri and I clean a mean kitchen. Ginger makes great omelet also! We shopped until we dropped on Saturday. That's saying a lot because Terri is NOT a shopper. Ginger and I changed that. We are always great at getting other people to spend their money. What can I say we are bargain shoppers. We really enjoyed our trip to the Tanger Outlets. Did someone say COACH? (Ha!Ha!)





All FRIENDS in their FORTIES deserve to have a good time with old FRIENDS! It does you a dose of good in life. We've already started planning our next adventure. Maybe it want take forever for us to get away again!











Until then! Memories!

1 comment:

A Time in Kay's LIfe said...

As Ducky, Sam, Peggy and I would say: Four,Fabulous, Forty, Females.

Then the saying went to four, fabulous, fifty, females.

Gosh, I miss those trips.