Friday, March 6, 2009

Tres Is Turning 20!!!






Can you believe my first born baby is turning TWENTY years old? On Monday, March 9, 2009, Tres will be 20 years old! Where did the time go?


Let's reflect on the past. We were told he was going to be a Downs Syndrome baby. Wrong...I truly believe that he was healed by God in the womb. He was born 2 weeks early a perfectly healthy 6lb. 70z. 19 in. long bouncing baby boy. Today, Tres is 5ft. 11in. tall and weighs 200 plus pounds. He's still my healthy bouncing baby boy. It seems it wasn't so long ago that we took him to Pre-School, watched him graduate from K-5, took him to his first day of public school, and then watched him graduate from High School. Today, he goes to Jefferson State Junior College, works a part-time paying job, volunteers at ChristWay as a youth worker and assisting the Youth Pastor, Brent Hand, AKA close friend and hero, and volunteer coaches the first girls golf team at his former High School.


Tres has always been a pretty good kid. He did well in school. Tres has always had an outgoing, easygoing, fun, and loving personality. I can honestly say that Chuck and I have been blessed. Don't be deceived we have had our moments with Tres. Just to hit a few hair raising highlights...He began kissing girls in K-5, in 3rd grade he changed the amount on a check so the boys could win a competition, in 10th grade he got Stevie Ray Stoggner suspended from school, and his first freshmen year of college was not so good.

I must share a few proud moments...the day he was dedicated to God, the day he truly gave his heart to the Lord, the day he was baptized, when he won Bible Story Telling at the age of 12, the fact that he won Bible Teaching at the ages of 13, 15, and 17, little league all-stars, being the MJ Mascot, being a MJ golfer, preaching a couple of youth services, children services, and adult services, a much better freshman college year, and many, many, many other moments.

Recently, I gained a new respect for Tres. During a recent trying time in all of our lives, Tres told me privately that he saw Jesus in me. I realized that day that my first born baby boy had grown into a beautiful young MAN.
I could go on and on and on but...I'll get right to the point...Tres is a son that blesses my heart. He is a good christian boy that will make the one God created for him a wonderful husband someday. My grandchildren-to-be someday will have a father that they can look-up to and respect.

Tres, I see Jesus in you! Happy Birthday! I love you!

3 comments:

The Harris' said...

What a blessing!! Your baby is grown up. I can only pray that one day I am able to write the same about Brayden! Way to go Mom..you have done something right.

A Time in Kay's LIfe said...

Where has the last 20 years gone? You are still supposed to be my little grandson.

I remember the day you were born. You came to my house from the hospital. I gave you your first bath. I gave you bottles, changed your diapers, and rocked you to sleep.

I remember the day your Mom and Dad took you to your house is Gardendale. I thought where are they going with my baby. I cried.

You would use the hearth of my fireplace for a stage. You would use the "nose sucker thing" as a microphone. You would preach and preach and preach. I taught you "Power in the Blood".

At your house or at my house, we would play and play. The only time you and Chase got dirty was at my house. I would take off your shoes and socks. Your Mom would fuss at me for letting you get dirty and stinky.

You have always been a sweet and thoughtful child. I appreciate all the times you have been sweet and thoughtful to me. As your Mother said, "I see Jesus in you".

Love now and forever, Mam.

Tim, Rachel & kids said...

WOW.. Tres is 20?! Oh my!!! I remember when you lived by mom and he was a baby. I loved walking up there and playing with him! You and Chuck have done a great job raising him in the Lord. I know you are so proud!